Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 Kidderminster Harriers 0

Last updated : 13 January 2004 By Footymad Previewer

Kenny Miller ended his two-and-a-half month goal drought with a timely double as Wolves successfully avoided the threat of an FA Cup upset against Third Division Kidderminster Harriers at Molineux.

The Scottish international, on target just once this season before the cup tie, struck in each half as Wolves earned a fourth round tie against West Ham United.

Kidderminster had their chances to pull off a shock, especially in the first half, but were left to rue the fact that they failed to get past Wolves at the first attempt at Aggborough earlier this month when they led 1-0 with just a minute to go.

As well as steering Wolves into the fourth round, Miller's double also ensured that Dave Jones' side remain unbeaten at home since September.

Wolves had to ride their luck before taking the lead as Kidderminster had two excellent chances to stun the Premiership basement boys.

Bo Henriksen just failed to turn home a free-kick from Danny Williams at the far post in the 17th minute when the Wolves defence was caught flat-footed.

Kidderminster's former Wolves midfielder Graham Ward was then inches away from embarrassing his old club when his 20-yard drive in the 24th minute whistled just wide.

Having struggled to take charge of affairs, Wolves then got the breakthrough they needed to ease their nerves.

It was a neatly worked set-piece that earned them the lead when winger Mark Kennedy floated his 35th minute free-kick onto the bar.

Wolves' new striker Ioan Ganea rose above the Kidderminster back-line to nod the ball back across the face of goal before Miller headed home from close range.

But if Wolves had hoped that Kidderminster would buckle after falling behind they were mistaken.

Kidderminster were inches away from equalising in first-half injury time when Henriksen's lob dropped just past the far post after a flick on from Sean Parrish.

Their failure to convert their chances proved to be their undoing as Miller somewhat fortuitously sealed Wolves success in the 65th minute.

Miller collected a throw-in from Oleg Luzhny and lifted a hopeful looking cross into the area that was deflected past the Kidderminster goalkeeper Stuart Brock and into the net off the far post.