Wolverhampton 2-1 Barnet- Match Report

Bright start for young Wolves striker as Barnet exit the cupTeenage striker Bright Enobakhare made a dream debut by scoring for Wolves in a 2-1 Capital One Cup success against Barnet at Molineux.Enobakhare, 17, who was handed a two-year professional deal last month, fired Wolves into the lead after just three minutes.Wolves doubled their advantage in the 58th minute through another exciting teenager, 18-year-old on-loan Liverpool winger Sheyi Ojo who scored his first goal for the club.Barnet spent much of the game on the defensive with goalkeeper Jamie Stephens pulling off some smart saves, but their never-say-die attitude earned its reward in the 76th minute when Bira Dembele reduced the arrears.They were agonisingly close to taking the game into extra-time only for Aaron McLean to see his injury-time drive saved by goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez.Enobakhare made the ideal start to his senior career - but his goal owed a lot to the unselfish nature of Adam Le Fondre.When Le Fondre pounced on a misplaced ball in the Barnet area, he only had Stephens to beat

But instead of trying his luck from a tight angle at the near post he rolled the ball across the face of goal to tee up Enobakhare who had the simple task of tapping his shot into an empty net from six yards.Not surprisingly, Enobakhare was ecstatic about scoring but jumping over the pitch-side barrier to celebrate with the fans earned him a yellow card from referee Mark Heywood.After such a nightmare start, Barnet could have buckled straightaway but they launched an immediate bid for an equaliser and Dembele was unfortunate to see his towering header flash over the bar.It proved to be rare moment of menace for Martin Allen's side and Wolves should have made their dominance pay with more goals before half-time, but Ojo was initially off key in front of goal.He fired over the bar in the 21st minute and did the same two minutes later after cashing in on a slip by Mauro Vilhete.While Barnet did have to soak up long spells of pressure, they still had attacking intentions of their own and Ben Tomlinson was unfortunate to see his fiercely struck volley blocked by Ethan Ebanks-Landell.But Wolves were by far the dominant force in the opening half and again threatened to add to their lead seven minutes before the interval when Matt Doherty's lob beat Stephens only to drop on to the roof of the net.Stephens then turned away a Sylvain Deslandes drive before Doherty fired into the side netting.Stephens frustrated Wolves again at the start of the second half, this time denying Le Fondre with another smart save.With the amount of pressure that Wolves were exerting, it was inevitable that it would eventually lead to further reward and it finally did when Ojo struck.Again it was the hard-working Le Fondre was set up the chance - winning the ball on the right wing before picking out Ojo whose curling 20-yard shot went in off the near post.That looked to have sealed Wolves' success but battling Barnet set up a nervy finale for the hosts when Dembele forced the ball home from close range after Elliot Johnson had floated the ball into the area

Source : PA

Source: PA