Wolverhampton 0-0 Burnley- Match Report

In-form Burnley held by Wolves at MolineuxBurnley's winning run came to an end as they fought out a goalless draw against Wolves at Molineux.Sean Dyche's high-flying side had gone into the game on the back of three successive wins and with five victories coming in their last six matches.Much of that success had centred around the form of striker Andre Gray, who had plundered seven goals in his last six outings.But, despite a sparkling start to the game, the B#9million former Brentford marksman could not keep up his impressive run against Wolves.While Burnley's winning run ended, Wolves earned a welcome point after a torrid run of results

They had lost four of their previous five games and had gone into the match on the back of successive home defeats but could have easily taken all three points after an impressive second-half display.Burnley made a fine start and should really have been in control of affairs after just three minutes.Scott Arfield tested Wolves goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez in the first minute after good work from Joey Barton

The Wolves back-line was then split in half by George Boyd who picked out Gray.Gray let fly with a low drive from the edge of the area only to be denied by Martinez who dived low to his right to snuff out the danger.Gray looked like a striker in a rich vein of form and Martinez had to be alert to deny him again after 20 minutes when he collected a long throw from Ben Mee and shot on the turn from 12 yards.Wolves struggled to mount a threat of their own and did not come to life until the 26th minute when Benik Afobe chased down a long pass from Danny Batth.Afobe was able to muscle his way past Michael Duff and, despite being faced by an acute angle, got his shot on target and goalkeeper Tom Heaton was relieved to palm the ball over the crossbar.That sparked Wolves into life and they quickly forced Heaton into action again when he had to react smartly to cling onto James Henry's 20-yard free-kick after Sheyi Ojo had been fouled by Barton.That was to prove to be Ojo's last meaningful contribution as, after being booked for diving in the 53rd minute, he was quickly hauled off and replaced by Nathan Byrne.Burnley failed to carry the threat that they did in the opening stages of the first half and it was Wolves who looked the most likely side to break the deadlock.Afobe should really have done better when the ball fell to his feet in the 62nd minute but he failed to trouble Heaton as his low drive from the edge of the box flew the wrong side of the post.Burnley struggled to make their presence felt as an attacking force in the second period with Matt Taylor's deflected 81st-minute free-kick, that was comfortably dealt with by substitute goalkeeper Carl Ikeme, a rare moment of menace.Wolves continued to press with Edwards flashing a shot wide, Afobe having a shot blocked and Henry curling an effort inches beyond Heaton's near post

Source : PA

Source: PA